I’ve been thinking about expanding that set for a while now, and here is what I have in mind. This includes 4 days of handwriting/letter sound practice. The images will match with what is available in the handwriting practice pages, in case anyone wants to use the the larger print pages along with this set.
These pages are designed to be used by an older 4 year old or younger 5 year old who is not yet in kindergarten, but has a desire to learn. It could also be used as part of a K4 classroom or homeschool curriculum.
While Days 1 – 4 are designed to be used in a specific order, it will not matter which letter you use each week. You do not have to work through these pages in alphabetical order.
1) learn the letter sound.
2) trace the large letters on the page.
3) do a tactile (hands-on) activity, such as writing the letter in a salt box, writing with a finger on a gel-filled bag, or making the letter with play dough.
1) trace the letters in a slightly smaller font.
2) circle 4 pictures that begin with the letter of the week.
1) trace the letter of the week in both uppercase and lowercase in a smaller font.
2) try writing the letters independently & circle their best attempts.
(You could substitute the larger print set available in my shop on this day, if desired.)
1) trace the letter of the week in the box.
2) trace the words beginning with the letter of the week.
3) draw a line from each word to the correct picture.
(Mom/Teacher can tell student what the word says, or student may attempt to sound out the word. This will depend on the child’s readiness.)
This is up to you! Add another tactile letter activity from the provided list, do an art project or cooking project that ties in with the letter of the week, or just skip it.
THREE DAY OPTION:
Combine Days 1 & 2 into one day, if desired.
There will be some units with an additional page, such as a do-a-dot page, a uppercase/lowercase letter sort, etc.
I value your opinions!
1 ~ What do you like or dislike about this set of pages? (Take a look at each page below & read the descriptions, please.)
2 ~ Is there anything you would add to this set?
3~ What do you feel is an appropriate price for a this set, when compared to other prices in my shop? It will contain around 120 - 130 pages, so it’s much larger than anything I currently sell. (I’m leaning towards $5 or you can purchase a combo set that includes the original handwriting pages for $6.)
Please, please, please…SHARE YOUR OPINIONS!