Jensyn used a pacifier when she was tiny. One day, when she was a few months old, she spit it out and popped her thumb into her mouth. Just like that, she became a thumb sucker. I really don’t mind. It’s cute, she can’t lose it, and (eventually…) she’ll grow out of it.
She still loves to have things in her mouth, though, and we often find a dog toy (eww!), a plastic tool from her big brothers, or some other strange object in her mouth. Lately, it’s been this plastic mushroom:
It’s shaped a lot like a paci. Can you blame her for wanting it?
What happens when the mushroom falls out?
(That’d be the mushroom in front of her chest, falling to the ground…)