Wednesday, September 28, 2011

THIS is why…

…you should never talk on the phone with your neighbor while your children are busy in the playroom...

September2011 246They did this almost silently.  I was in the living room with Jensyn, and I thought the boys were playing cars & trucks.  I didn’t realize anything was going on until they started sliding down the mess.  Wow.

If you’re wondering, this is scrapbook paper, stickers, (previously) sorted photographs, and some plastic play food.  It took over an hour to clean & sort it all.  Guess whose boys will not be allowed in the playroom for 24 hours?

5 comments:

Jennifer J said...

My sympathies go out to you. It could have been worse - they could have snuck into the kitchen and spread some powdery or sticky substance all over the top of the mess. What is it with children and phone radar? As soon as you get on, they either bug you to death or go make a mess.

Mrs. Whary said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally saying it with a smile (only because it makes me think "phew, I'm not the only one with 2 little mischeif makers!.......makes me feel "normal").....I know oh too well how frustrating this must have been.....good on you for taking a picture (you'll no doubt be able to use it in 30 years time when their kids are "playing quietly" :-).......hope you can have a laugh about it soon.

Anonymous said...

eekkks!!! but did have to giggle so been there! You remember the mural.. yea enough said ;-)

Marlynn said...

LOL. Sorry....Don't worry it happens at my house too! I'm thankful today though that my scrapbook paper and supplies is all hidden under my bed, and they don't know about it, because I never get it out! But material on the other hand....

BTW, look at how cute they are!

Susie said...

I still say WOW! I forgot to mention, when Megan & Natalie were that age, they were to be napping and instead tried to make a swimming pool out of their bed...yes the mattress was drenched! Easy access to the bathroom right next to their bedroom. Maybe we should let toddlers in the white house and congress b/c their little minds are always thinking and at work...and I think they could take some of the legislature and scatter it across the floor like your scrapbook paper! ha ha..