Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tiny Talk

Alex was sitting on my lap a few days ago, and he just looked up at me and said, "Jesus. Jesus conquered."

I asked him what Jesus conquered, and he answered, "The grave. Jesus conquered the grave."

When asked where he learned this, Alex replied, “From church.”

I asked if he learned it in Wee Worship, or if he learned it in big church.  He said he learned it in big church, then went on to say that he heard me say it.

Keith & I talked about it later, and he thought of the song “Mighty To Save”.  It makes sense, because Alex leaves for his preschool class shortly after the praise time ends.

It's just so awesome to know that our little one is starting to comprehend this!  He might not fully get it yet, but the seeds are being planted.  We’re so thrilled to know he’s beginning to understand!

Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is mighty to save,
He is mighty to save
Forever, author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

1 comment:

Kevin & Leanne said...

When you first posted this I wondered if Alex had heard that from the song and I guess he did. Keep on singing !