Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tools Tot Pack

Can you tell I'm having fun with these? The novelty will wear off soon, and we'll also have a new little one to keep us plenty busy around here in just a few weeks...so I'm trying to create what I can before my quiet naptimes are filled with the unpredictable schedule of a newborn!

I fell in love with these tool graphics while browsing through http://www.mygrafico.com/, and the very next day they had a 40% off sale – Yay!

With two little boys who love tools, I couldn’t resist using these as my next “learn to use Photoshop” project. There’s still room for improvement, but it sure is fun learning! (Alex had a lot of fun helping me change the color on the wrenches, too!)

(click the picture below to download the Tools Tot Pack)

tools tot pack

I’ve also included these & a few extras, such as a color page and a “circle what’s different” page:Untitled-1

If you can’t tell from the pictures, here’s what you can download:

  • colors cards
  • shadow matching
  • size sequencing
  • prewriting
  • finish the pattern cards – you can keep the sheets whole or cut around each patterning box and put these on a ring
  • letter finder
  • count and clip cards
  • shape matching
  • 4 part puzzles
  • Race To The Toolbox game
  • color the hammer
  • circle the picture that is different

I’m just going with what works for Alex at this age and stage. Hopefully some of you can use these with your little tool-lovers, too! Enjoy!

               

I don’t think it would be fair to post this without crediting a few wonderful moms who share their own pages. Their creativity has sparked the ideas for some of these pages. Thanks, ladies!

Jolanthe ~ http://www.homeschoolcreations.com

Alison ~ http://www.itsybitsylearners.blogspot.com

Lauren ~ http://momto2boys24.blogspot.com

Michelle ~ http://thoughtsofesme.blogspot.com

12 comments:

Mrs. Whary said...

This is awesome! My guys love tools too :-) Thinking of you over the next couple of weeks!! hanks too for the link back - it was very kind of you :-)

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

I would LOVE to use this unit with the boys! What fun!

I have the next few moths planned out, but this is going into our rotation for sure! Thank you for offering your amazing talents up to the rest of us!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! These look great!!

Kat said...

Two thumbs up!! =)

Ewa said...

Thank you Dawn and Alex very much. This is an awesome pack. We're going to have fun with it this week ;-)

Theprincessandthetot said...

It's probably just me, but I can't get the file to download. It says it doesn't exist!

Carisa said...

This one is precious, I had tools on my list to create and am taking it off now! ;-)

If you get a blog button let me know so I can better share your packs! ;-)

Michelle Gibson said...

This is a super cute tot pack! =)

Lauren said...

I love this! My boys are so interested in Tools this will be perfect!! Thanks for linking to my blog as well!!!

Erica said...

Thank you so much for creating this. My 4 yr old loved it so much that we are doing a second week on construction!

Erica said...

Thank you so much for creating and sharing this. My son loved it so much that we are doing a second week on construction

Love and Lollipops said...

Hi Dawn,

I shared about your fantastic tool pack and our version of the puzzles here:

http://allthingschildren.blogspot.com/2011/07/lets-build-it-tot-packs-and-puzzles.html

Thank you so much for a fantastic freebie!!

Take care,
Georgia
:)