Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What Will Alex Be When He Grows Up?

Alex & I sing together before he goes to bed each night.  It’s just part of our nightly routine – we read a Bible story, sing a few songs, and pray together.  

We  like to sing an ABC song that goes like this:

ABCDEFG
Jesus died for you and me.
HIJKLMN
Jesus died for sinful men, Amen!
OPQRSTU
I believe God’s Word is true.
UVW
God has promised you…
XZY
A home eternally!

Well, that’s not how it went a few nights ago.  I was singing the alphabet part, and Alex was singing the words.  We were happily singing along, when Alex decided the song needed some new words.

Mama: OPQRSTU

Alex:  I believe I will be God.

And the song ended there, as I burst into a fit of giggles. 
And I thought he was aiming high when he told Grandma & Papa that he would grow up to be wise and go to college. 

My son has high aspirations.  At some point, I’ll have to inform him that the job is already taken. *Ü*

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That is pretty cute. I've never heard of that song before. Gonna teach it to my son!