Thursday, September 23, 2010

Alex’s Key

A few months back, Grandma S gave Alex a key that came in the mail.  It’s one of those “you might be a winner” sweepstakes car keys.  To make it extra special, she put it on a red shoe keychain for him.

September2010 148

Alex was SO stinkin’ proud of that key.  He went around for WEEKS, trying to find what this amazing little key might open.  He tried it at Grandma’s house, at Kevin & Annie’s church, on our cars, on anything he could think of!  September2010 145

Of course, I kept telling him it was just a “pretend key”, so it really wouldn’t open anything.  Leave it to my kiddo to prove me wrong.  With a little determination, he found out that his key really works! 

One day, I’d been on the phone and trying to get things done at the same time.  Alex, as far as I knew, was playing in his bedroom.  I should have known better!  After a bit, I realized that he had gone through the house and locked all the interior doors.

I sighed and headed to the garage to get the last-remaining little gold key that comes with the doors.  (They keep disappearing, and we keep the last one in a special place in the garage so we can’t lose it.) 

As I headed out, Alex said, “Don’t worry, Mom, I’ll unlock the doors with my key!” 

I replied, “Good luck with that!” 

Little did I know that he was telling the truth.  I came in from the garage to find all the doors open!September2010 149Mr. Determination had used his key long enough to find a REAL use for it!  Now we find the doors locked quite often, but Alex is always quick to unlock it for us with his special key from Grandma!

September2010 152

So, thanks Grandma, for the many hours that you’ve kept my kiddo busy…AND for giving us an easy-to-find key for our interior doors! :)

And yes, these ARE posed pictures that I took today before putting Alex down for his nap.  I try to capture the real moments, but sometimes you’ve just gotta be a little cheesy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe so cute! What a little smartie!!

Emma Hamstra said...

I LOVE it! That is so hilarious!

Kat said...

He is so funny...and SO cute!