Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nine Month Pictures

Our baby boy is 9 months old already! Where does the time go? He's so big, so full of personality, and so fun...and getting to be mischievous at times, too.

Seth didn't come today, which left us with an unexpectedly free day. Since it's such a nice autumn day, I couldn't resist doing some "fall-ish" things. First, we made vegetable soup & homemade wheat bread. (Mmmm, this house smells delicious!) After that, we ran to Alco and bought a clearance blanket & a fun pumpkin for a quick photo shoot.

I dressed Alex & stuck him on the blanket. I just kind of went with whatever Alex was doing, making no effort to pose him. Here's what we got before naptime:


HAPPY!






Mischievous
Goofy


What can I say? Crazy kid.




She took away that pumpkin - I'll go get it...




But wait...I don't know how to crawl. Mama, can I have it back?
(I wish the focus was on his face, not his shirt...darn camera!)



The white background washes out the picture.
We're going to try again after Alex wakes, and we'll use the brown blanket again...




AFTER NAP:



These didn't go as well. There are some cute ones, but I definitely like the "curly" pumpkin better than the boring plastic one that I found in the shed. Alex was really unsure about wearing that bear suit. He'd better get used to it - he'll be wearing it to the Pumpkin Chase at church!





4 comments:

Temeculamom said...

Oh, he is so cute! And your props are pure genius. Great photo shoot idea, and they came out so adorable!

Kat said...

Cute pictures!

Perhaps he will feel better knowing he doesn't have to wear the outfit at Pumpkin Chase, but at "Fall Fest"...sorry...I couldn't resist! :)

Emma Hamstra said...

You did such a good job!! And you don't even brag about it ;)

Susie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics of Alex and that sweater is so adorable! I also LOVE your fall blog look! Looks like your all ready to enjoy the season!