Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- Alex is taking cute, tentative little first steps. He only goes 4 - 6 steps without plopping down on his tushy, but it is so fun to watch.
- Alex will go to bed at night without nursing, which means Mommy can go to Bunco alone and not worry about what time she gets home!! Soon, maybe Mama & Daddy will go on a date & stay out past 8:30 PM!
- Daddy and Alex watch Wheel of Fortune together, and Alex cheers for the contestants.
- Alex claps when we say the word clap, pats his head when asked, and tries to point to his nose when asked. (He usually gets his lip...but he's trying!)
- He's taking pretty nice naps these days (60 - 90 minutes, twice a day) and he wakes up so cheerfully. He just sits in his crib, talking and giggling for about 10 minutes before he cries for me. It's so fun to listen!
- Alex is fascinated with socks. He MUST take off his socks whenever he has the chance. When I get him up from naps, I always find his socks in a container of toy blocks on the floor near his crib. I think it's his own sock basketball game.
- Alex is also fascinated with vehicles. I often find him pushing his socks around in his trucks and trains, saying "vroom, vroom". Such a boy.
- Lots of new food choices - Alex loves yogurt, grilled cheese, mac & cheese, and goldfish crackers!
- Alex often picks up the cell phone, cordless phone, or TV remote to "call" Daddy during the day. If I'm talking to someone else on the phone, he wants to take the phone and talk to Daddy. He gets very excited when it really IS Daddy on the phone!
- Alex and Daddy play a "game" in the car. Alex's carseat is still rear-facing, so he can't see us in the front seat. Alex will call out "DaDaaaaa!" Keith will answer "Alexxxxx!" You'd have to be there to see why it's so cute but trust me on this one.
- He smiles and waves readily at everyone when in the shopping cart or stroller. He is very disappointed when they don't respond. We took a wagon ride yesterday (BEAUTIFUL day for Feb!) and he smiled and waved at the whole neighborhood, I believe.
- He tries so hard to play with his doggy, and he's thrilled when it works. He will giggle endlessly when Maggie gives in & plays with him.
I don't know what we did to deserve such a fun little boy, but we loves this kid...and we're super glad that he makes us smile every day! *Ü*
(Just for fun, I'll tell you...there are three little boys in the neighborhood who range from 13 months to 22 months. All 3 mommies are pregnant and due within 5 months of each other. We're gonna have a neighborhood full of little friends! We had so much fun taking a wagon ride with Calvin & Preston yesterday. I look forward to warm weather & playing outside with the neighbor boys...and snuggling April's new baby in about 6 weeks!)